Home / Your Responsibilities

  • A Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) must be lodged with your Marriage Celebrant no less than one calendar month and no more than eighteen months prior to the marriage being solemnised.
  • At the time of lodgment of the NOIM you must produce ONE of the following:
    your original Birth Certificate,
  • Authorised extract of Birth Certificate
  • A valid Australian or Foreign passport
  • All documents in languages other than English, require a certified translation.
  • If you are divorced you must produce a Decree Absolute. You can complete the Notice of Intended Marriage after the court hearing, and during the one-month period prior to the decree becoming absolute.
  • If widowed, the original Death certificate or extract of death, and previous marriage certificate must be produced.
    Prior to the wedding both partners will be required to sign a declaration under the Marriage Act 1961, stating that it is their belief there is no legal impediment to the marriage between themselves and their partner.
  • In accordance with the Marriage Act 1961, two persons under the age of eighteen cannot marry. If one party is under the age of eighteen they must obtain parental consent and approval of a court of law before the Notice of Intended Marriage can be lodged.
  • To confirm your booking, a lodgement fee is required when you lodge the Notice of Intended Marriage with your Celebrant.
    The balance of the fee is due at least two weeks prior to the wedding day, usually at the rehearsal.

Ceremonies & Celebrations for all Occasions


Industry Associations

Members of:

wbg award winner micro soletrader web1474 (1)

Contact us

Phone : (03) 9877 2746

Mobile : 0408 772 746

Email : margaret@margaretbarwell.com.au